Here’s the recipe formatted to print easily. Read the full post here.
This simple recipe only has 6 all natural ingredients and can be made in bulk and stored in freezer or fridge.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 cup organic peanut butter (make sure there is no kind of sugar added)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons local and/or organic honey (optional)
- 1 organic egg
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and the egg.
- Add peanut butter, water and honey and stir until you have a stiff dough. The dough will be firm and sticky. I used my hands to mix it.
- Stuff bone molds with enough dough to fill it, but don’t overfill. The small mold I used fills about 1/2 tablespoon of dough per bone.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in airtight container, in the fridge to keep fresh.
These treats can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 months, or frozen for up to 8 months. I like making them in bulk, less work!