Inflammation wrecked my skin. Creating an all natural “good fat” remedy healed it.
For the first time in my life I was experiencing acne– in my forties! The skin I used to be complimented on, and told looked 10 years younger, turned dull, with an uneven, patchy tone and dry skin that started budding deepening lines around my eyes.
Underlying inflammation from chronic stress and a health condition took a toll on my complexion, aging my skin rapidly and creating painful acne eruptions and dark circles and puffiness under my eyes. I looked exhausted. My positive self-talk didn’t help when every time I looked in the mirror the image reflected back didn’t look well.
I bought dozens of over-the-counter and natural products, but nothing I tried worked. The breakouts persisted, and I felt frustrated by money wasted on products that not only didn’t help the situation, some worsened it by drying out my skin and irritating it with more chemicals.
I started researching.
All Natural Labels Don’t Guarantee Quality
I learned that “all natural” skin care products I had been using contained chemical preservatives that were potential endocrine disruptors (meaning they could pose a risk to hormonal, reproductive and immune health). Many had ingredients sourced from GMO’s or allergens like soy, sunflower, sesame and gluten. The more I learned, the harder it was to find truly pure products.
No wonder my skin wasn’t clearing up!
50% of Us Have Lackluster Immune Systems
Like half the population, I’m living with the MTHFR gene. This gene makes it harder for the immune system to rid the body of toxins like heavy metals. I not only wanted to solve my present breakout situation, and naturally smooth out fine lines around my eyes, I also wanted to create skin care that was genuinely non-toxic.
My Ah-Ha Moment
I started experimenting with truly natural ingredients like plant butters and oils. I was very specific about the essential oils I chose; they had to be asthma-safe, gentle and non-toxic. Within weeks of trying my new concoction, my skin not only cleared, wrinkles were nearly non-existent and I had my healthy glow back!
Even though I was still managing health issues at the time I created Glowing Skin serum, I no longer looked sick. Seeing a vibrant face shining back at me in the mirror restored my confidence and self-esteem.
The nutrients in Glowing Skin are absorbed into the skin, regenerating at a cellular level, providing a radiant glow. Every time I use this botanical serum, I’m absorbing trace amounts of essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals that promote health and wellness.
Therapeutic Grade, Ethically Harvested Essential Oils
I chose these specific essential oils for Glowing Skin serum because of their wellness benefits for mind and body.
- A luxurious oil that is cherished for its captivating scent and incredible clearing and calming properties. This oil has a beautiful rich, blue hue and a sweet, fresh scent. It provides relief for many people who suffer during high-pollen seasons, soothes troubled skin and supports self-esteem, confidence and enthusiasm year-round.
- Used in skincare, Rose Geranium Oil balances the skin’s natural oil production, minimizes the appearance of enlarged pores, eliminates acne-causing bacteria, promotes fast fading of blemishes, enhances circulation, brightens skin, encourages relaxation, and rejuvenates the complexion.
How To Use Glowing Skin
I use a dime-sized amount of this serum daily, morning and night, and it works multi-tasking magic on my skin.
- Gently tap, tap, tap a small bit all over my face and neck then massage it in.
- Apply a tiny dab around the eyes. After applying make-up, dab a tiny bit more around the eyes to fill in wrinkles accentuated by eye shadow powder or concealer.
- If using a water-based cream like Nivea on your face, apply serum after to lock in moisture.
- If feeling stressed, dab a tiny bit behind my ears; Blue Tansy essential oil is a natural antihistamine and deeply calming.
- To tame flyaways, rub a tiny bit between your fingers and run through your hair.
- If you don’t overdo the serum, you won’t have an oily shine. Wait until oil is absorbed before using powder or concealer, both these work if your goal is a matte finish.
- Some people prefer using Glowing Skin as a nighttime serum.
I hand pour each serum into aluminum-free tins so it’s easy to store and convenient for travel.
Long-Lasting and Economical
A little goes a long way. One tin can last up to 2-3 months with daily use.
Consistency Is Key
If I miss a few days using the serum, especially around a hormonal time, I’m more prone to a breakout. I’ve noticed these healing oils, packed with essential fatty acids, are also helping my eyebrows thicken (common causes for thinning eyebrows are hypothyroidism and deficiency in good fats.)
Now that I’ve been spoiled with the benefits of this wonder serum, I’m never going back to those overpriced, cheaply made, mass manufactured products I used in the past. I make my serums with love and care, and a prayer that they help everyone who uses them.
I also recommend taking a daily omega supplement. I take this one. And getting tested for sensitivities so you know what to avoid if you have skin issues like acne or eczema. I use this one for hair testing and this one for blood testing.
For the complete routine that helped restore my skin (and peace of mind), click here.