If you’re looking for a recipe to improve your digestion, this homemade colon cleanse can help flush out toxins and support gut health. If you don’t have an issue with constipation, or you are sensitive to fructose, omit the apple juice. Ginger revs up the digestive fire, helping to breakdown food and absorb nutrients, starting in the stomach. Lemon juice is an antioxidant, high in Vitamin C. This citrus juice also has digestive enzymes and is alkalizing. Great immune support!
You can replace the apple in this recipe with cucumber or celery. Cucumbers are hydrating and contain fiber that helps with regularity. Celery has potassium (helps with bloating), calcium (helps heal diarrhea) and folate (helps heal ulcers).
If you’re curious about what I use to make this recipe, here ya go.
I love our Nutribullet, we use this one. It makes it so easy to make quick health drinks like this one. We use this Cuisinart kettle. I seriously waited years to make decisions about these two kitchen appliances because they’re more expensive than products like Hamilton Beach. After years of reading consistently good reviews, we finally decided to try the investment. We’ve been so happy with these products, we use them daily without any issues. Well made!
- 1/2 cup apple juice (or cucumber or celery juice)
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Chop 1/2 cup fresh apple slices (or cucumber or celery slices). Add to Nutribullet or blender.
- Squeeze 2 tbs fresh or bottled lemon juice into Nutribullet or blender.
- Add 2 tbs chopped and peeled fresh ginger to the mix.
- Add sea salt and warm water (I use our electric kettle to warm water, you can also use a microwave or stovetop).
- Blend everything until smooth.
I hope this health drink helps you feel fantastic!